Barry or Mittens

Discuss local or national politics here.

Barry or Mittens

Poll ended at November 7th, 2012, 3:51pm

Barry (I'll have to blame myself for the last 4 years)
5
83%
Mittens (Which way is teh wind blowing?)
1
17%
 
Total votes: 6

User avatar
bucky starburst
Your Personal Indestructible Mosquito
Posts: 1091
Joined: December 19th, 2000, 8:00pm

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby bucky starburst » November 9th, 2012, 1:42pm

awwww, do you need a post-election hug???? you can shed some ted baxter tears too. i won't tell anybody.

jtsound
Senior Member
Posts: 1374
Joined: January 19th, 2002, 8:00pm
Location: slums of cheektowaga

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby jtsound » November 9th, 2012, 2:41pm

212frank wrote:Why is it so hard to understand? you and the flaming pink a-hole keep trying to say that there is some sort of vast voter repudiation of republicans when the difference between winning and losing is 2.52%. If you convert that to odds and apply it to the brain power you are demonstrating, its a 40:1 shot you and the a-hole will grasp this basic concept.


First of all, don't lump me in with the Buckster.

Second, that's not what I said.

Third, what is your point? Is a 2.5% margin not a legitimate win in your mind? Not big enough? Bush LOST the popular vote in 2000 but didn't have a problem starting 2 wars and enacting unfunded tax cuts that on both counts could be argued went a long way towards getting us into the deficit situation we are in at the moment. His margin in 2004 was less than Obama's 2.5 this year. So does that make his agenda and presidency less legitimate in your mind? Unlike the Buckster I'm not trying to pick a fight with you I just am trying to make some sense out of your problem with his margin of victory. It's a non-issue to everyone but you (and Bucky).
Who asked you?

User avatar
bucky starburst
Your Personal Indestructible Mosquito
Posts: 1091
Joined: December 19th, 2000, 8:00pm

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby bucky starburst » November 9th, 2012, 3:03pm

THIS IS MY FAVORITE THREAD EVER. SERIOUSLY. I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR PARTICIPATION B/C IT REALLY MADE MY WEEK. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

LOVE FROM YOUR PERSONAL INDESTRUCTIBLE MOSQUITO,
BUCKY STARBURST!

jtsound
Senior Member
Posts: 1374
Joined: January 19th, 2002, 8:00pm
Location: slums of cheektowaga

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby jtsound » November 9th, 2012, 3:22pm

In the last 30 years, republican administrations have done a far worse job of managing the federal gov't from a deficit standpoint. If borrowing money from China is an issue that they are truly worried about and if democrats are making it worse as they continually say then why do deficits consistently rise under their (republican) administrations and fall under democratic. If cutting taxes to grow the economy and thus grow revenue actually worked then how do you explain almost 20 years of lower taxes but still rising deficits in the last 3 republican administrations. The numbers just simply don't support the policy. At the same time when you look at democratic administrations in the last 30 years you can see the deficit shrink in every year that they have control over their budget. Not only does this refute the republican policy it refutes the entire premise of republicans being better stewards of the gov't from a deficit standpoint. I still don't understand how this wasn't a talking point during the election but it's still a fact and is another way to show the complete contradiction between the rhetoric and reality. It just undermines the credibility even further of the argument that republicans have offered.
Who asked you?

User avatar
212frank
"oh qualified one"
Posts: 3505
Joined: December 2nd, 2000, 8:00pm
Location: back and forth
Contact:

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby 212frank » November 9th, 2012, 4:28pm

jtsound wrote:
212frank wrote:Why is it so hard to understand? you and the flaming pink a-hole keep trying to say that there is some sort of vast voter repudiation of republicans when the difference between winning and losing is 2.52%. If you convert that to odds and apply it to the brain power you are demonstrating, its a 40:1 shot you and the a-hole will grasp this basic concept.


First of all, don't lump me in with the Buckster.

Second, that's not what I said.

Third, what is your point? Is a 2.5% margin not a legitimate win in your mind? Not big enough? Bush LOST the popular vote in 2000 but didn't have a problem starting 2 wars and enacting unfunded tax cuts that on both counts could be argued went a long way towards getting us into the deficit situation we are in at the moment. His margin in 2004 was less than Obama's 2.5 this year. So does that make his agenda and presidency less legitimate in your mind? Unlike the Buckster I'm not trying to pick a fight with you I just am trying to make some sense out of your problem with his margin of victory. It's a non-issue to everyone but you (and Bucky).


I do not have a problem with the margin of victory, only with how it is being represented. Obama won by a thin margin yet I keep reading about this giant repudiation of the loser. There is none. it was a super close election and means only that we are a hugely divided country with vastly different opinions on how to fix things or even what things need fixing. Yet the problems are straightforward and neither party has an answer. The only reason I default to Romney is because he at least pays lip service to the insane fiscal crisis looming over the country. I knew he wouldnt do anything more than obama but if you are gonna fuck me at least give the reacharound.
Walt, is that you?

User avatar
212frank
"oh qualified one"
Posts: 3505
Joined: December 2nd, 2000, 8:00pm
Location: back and forth
Contact:

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby 212frank » November 9th, 2012, 4:29pm

jtsound wrote:In if democrats are making it worse as they continually say then why do deficits consistently rise under their (republican) administrations and fall under democratic.


because you forget to look at who controls congress during a particular presidency. maybe you forgot that during the mother of all dem talking points *CLINTON RAN A SURPLUS* republicans controlled congress and the purse strings that go with it.
Walt, is that you?

User avatar
So Sweet
really needs to get a life
Posts: 5993
Joined: December 22nd, 2000, 8:00pm
Location: HERE

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby So Sweet » November 9th, 2012, 6:15pm

I would personally like to thank all of you for not going near the term "reach across the aisle"
Bucky if it makes you feel better I probably took 2.4% of Franks wealth in free drinks and other riders during the Continental days.
Image

User avatar
212frank
"oh qualified one"
Posts: 3505
Joined: December 2nd, 2000, 8:00pm
Location: back and forth
Contact:

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby 212frank » November 9th, 2012, 6:41pm

you are not alone in that regard. thankfully, the printing presses churned on.....
Walt, is that you?

User avatar
bucky starburst
Your Personal Indestructible Mosquito
Posts: 1091
Joined: December 19th, 2000, 8:00pm

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby bucky starburst » November 9th, 2012, 7:06pm

So Sweet wrote:I would personally like to thank all of you for not going near the term "reach across the aisle"
Bucky if it makes you feel better I probably took 2.4% of Franks wealth in free drinks and other riders during the Continental days.


Excellent! I salute your liver and your thievery. I guess I do owe frank some gratitude. The Continental got me laid. More than once in fact, with a very attractive woman who had no communicable diseases. Thanks frank!!!! I miss those crazy goth witches and their pale undead allure. Where do they hang out now???

User avatar
212frank
"oh qualified one"
Posts: 3505
Joined: December 2nd, 2000, 8:00pm
Location: back and forth
Contact:

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby 212frank » November 9th, 2012, 8:35pm

so glad to know there was another satisfied customer for our blow up goth doll.
Walt, is that you?

User avatar
yellow ed
Fairly Handsome Overloard
Posts: 4791
Joined: August 28th, 2006, 9:41pm

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby yellow ed » November 9th, 2012, 11:47pm

bucky starburst wrote:
So Sweet wrote:I would personally like to thank all of you for not going near the term "reach across the aisle"
Bucky if it makes you feel better I probably took 2.4% of Franks wealth in free drinks and other riders during the Continental days.


Excellent! I salute your liver and your thievery. I guess I do owe frank some gratitude. The Continental got me laid. More than once in fact, with a very attractive woman who had no communicable diseases. Thanks frank!!!! I miss those crazy goth witches and their pale undead allure. Where do they hang out now???

She's still partying in that big hole in the ground at 212 Franklin.
They can take our xpatsxpats, but they can never take our FREEDOM!!!!!

User avatar
So Sweet
really needs to get a life
Posts: 5993
Joined: December 22nd, 2000, 8:00pm
Location: HERE

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby So Sweet » November 10th, 2012, 12:39pm

212frank wrote:you are not alone in that regard. thankfully, the printing presses churned on.....


After a while I was actually impressed you stayed running as long as you did. My 20's and early 30's thank you.
Image

Weezer
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: November 10th, 2012, 5:28pm

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby Weezer » November 10th, 2012, 6:42pm

I am glad Obama won. It shows that we as a country care about important issues of our time and will not sell out just for someone with a better economic plan. We cannot wait for marriage equality, welfare, or elimination of racism. You can't put a price on those things. When it is all said and done I believe that Obama will be looked at as one of the best Presidents of all time.

jtsound
Senior Member
Posts: 1374
Joined: January 19th, 2002, 8:00pm
Location: slums of cheektowaga

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby jtsound » November 10th, 2012, 7:01pm

212frank wrote:
jtsound wrote:
212frank wrote:Why is it so hard to understand? you and the flaming pink a-hole keep trying to say that there is some sort of vast voter repudiation of republicans when the difference between winning and losing is 2.52%. If you convert that to odds and apply it to the brain power you are demonstrating, its a 40:1 shot you and the a-hole will grasp this basic concept.


First of all, don't lump me in with the Buckster.

Second, that's not what I said.

Third, what is your point? Is a 2.5% margin not a legitimate win in your mind? Not big enough? Bush LOST the popular vote in 2000 but didn't have a problem starting 2 wars and enacting unfunded tax cuts that on both counts could be argued went a long way towards getting us into the deficit situation we are in at the moment. His margin in 2004 was less than Obama's 2.5 this year. So does that make his agenda and presidency less legitimate in your mind? Unlike the Buckster I'm not trying to pick a fight with you I just am trying to make some sense out of your problem with his margin of victory. It's a non-issue to everyone but you (and Bucky).


I do not have a problem with the margin of victory, only with how it is being represented. Obama won by a thin margin yet I keep reading about this giant repudiation of the loser. There is none. it was a super close election and means only that we are a hugely divided country with vastly different opinions on how to fix things or even what things need fixing. Yet the problems are straightforward and neither party has an answer. The only reason I default to Romney is because he at least pays lip service to the insane fiscal crisis looming over the country. I knew he wouldnt do anything more than obama but if you are gonna fuck me at least give the reacharound.


From what I have read it's the repubs themselves as much as anybody else that's second guessing the party going forward.

I guess that was my point is that they only seem to offer lip service with actual reality being quite the opposite. You're not alone in being fooled into thinking that what they say is actually what they have done or will do. At least as far as it relates to the deficit and budgets.

Now if war in Iran or some other random country is what you're after……..
Who asked you?

User avatar
bucky starburst
Your Personal Indestructible Mosquito
Posts: 1091
Joined: December 19th, 2000, 8:00pm

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby bucky starburst » November 12th, 2012, 12:46pm

yellow ed wrote:
bucky starburst wrote:
So Sweet wrote:I would personally like to thank all of you for not going near the term "reach across the aisle"
Bucky if it makes you feel better I probably took 2.4% of Franks wealth in free drinks and other riders during the Continental days.


Excellent! I salute your liver and your thievery. I guess I do owe frank some gratitude. The Continental got me laid. More than once in fact, with a very attractive woman who had no communicable diseases. Thanks frank!!!! I miss those crazy goth witches and their pale undead allure. Where do they hang out now???

She's still partying in that big hole in the ground at 212 Franklin.


Makes sense. It's like one big grave.


Return to “Political Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
(function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();