Barry or Mittens

Discuss local or national politics here.

Barry or Mittens

Poll ended at November 7th, 2012, 3:51pm

Barry (I'll have to blame myself for the last 4 years)
83%
Mittens (Which way is teh wind blowing?)
17%

Total votes: 6

212frank
"oh qualified one"

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby 212frank » November 8th, 2012, 8:47pm

Contact Buzz wrote:Agreed. The only thing a Congressman or Senator has is his vote and the ability to bargain with it. Norquist takes that from them.

Regarding Colin Powell: I really liked him. He saw that the case for war in Iraq was largely fabricated. They used him to try and sell it to the UN. Instead of challenging his Superior Officer, he decided to take retirement. I think questioning a superior would have gone against his "good soldier" ethic but keeping his mouth shut cost the American people 4,409 dead, 31,928 wounded, between 150,000 and 600,000 Iraqi dead and our treasury $1,391,000,000,000.

As of today.

norquist has the power to take votes away from congressmen and senators? by what authority?
Walt, is that you?

212frank
"oh qualified one"

Postby 212frank » November 8th, 2012, 8:59pm

bucky starburst wrote:I'd prefer a wire transfer for my money, but a cashier's check is also acceptable. Hahahahahahaha

dream on dolt. the only way you will ever get to 2.4% of my net worth is if someone gives it to you gratis. since i dont prescribe to the welfare state, you need to look elsewhere for your handout. maybe guywithafish will mail you a money order.
Walt, is that you?

jtsound

Postby jtsound » November 9th, 2012, 10:41am

212frank wrote:
Contact Buzz wrote:Agreed. The only thing a Congressman or Senator has is his vote and the ability to bargain with it. Norquist takes that from them.

norquist has the power to take votes away from congressmen and senators? by what authority?

Even you can see the problem when legislators have to sign the pledge to get the financing and backing of the republican establishment to get elected.

The gov't taxes, spends and borrows. In the deficit and budget negotiations there are no other bargaining points other than raising or lowering taxes and raising and lowering spending. When you preclude half of the legislative body from even considering one side of that equation for fear of backlash from within their own party, how does that leave any posibility of a workable solution. Remember that we are starting all this with the Bush tax cuts in place which was done on borrowed money to begin with. I've never seen a non partisan analysis that hasn't said that both sides must be on the table and that includes medicare and social security.

When Ryan voted against the Simpson Bowles commision proposal he was critical that the commisions very existence took power away from the congress to find solutions to the problem. How does anyone take this seriously when the only reason the commision was formed was to find a way around a congress that couldn't even take one small step towards a solution. And still can't. This is a man who is not interested in fixing problems and should not have been re-elected to his seat in congress much less have been on the republican ticket. It's another example of how the republicans are only interested in politically advantageous solutions regardless of whether they are good for the country.
Who asked you?

bucky starburst
Your Personal Indestructible Mosquito

Postby bucky starburst » November 9th, 2012, 11:55am

yep. everything you just said. republicans need to back away from the extremism, both culturally and fiscally. democrats are the much more reasonable party at the moment and the public knows it.

jtsound

Postby jtsound » November 9th, 2012, 12:09pm

Sinister wrote:
bucky starburst wrote:yep. everything you just said. republicans need to back away from the extremism, both culturally and fiscally. democrats are the much more reasonable party at the moment and the public knows it.

Man, I know I've said some pretty stupid things in this forum, but this is at the top of the list of dumb things posted in political forums. If you think for one second that either party is more reasonable than the other, you're a bigger tool than Frank is making you out to be. Holy fuck man, do you ever listen to Harry Reid? The democrats are just better at bullshitting the public right now. Including the commander in chief.

Is this not the way things went down in the last showdown?

As TPM reported today, Republicans are expected to reject a White House proposal to cut the budget by $30 billion below current spending levels, a number that would be roughly in line with early proposals by GOP leaders before they moved the goalposts in response to complaints from the conservative wing of the party. A subsequent revolt by conservative Republicans in the House against the most recent bill to temporarily fund the government forced Speaker John Boehner to rely on Democratic votes to ensure its passage. The government will shut down if the two sides can’t negotiate another funding bill by April 8.
Who asked you?

212frank
"oh qualified one"

Postby 212frank » November 9th, 2012, 12:14pm

lol reasonable in the sense that they just create more and more dependents who continue to feed votes back to the gift givers in a never ending loop.

it does not matter whether it is the left or right at the helm of the titanic. this ship will go down at the head. Some argue that we havent hit the iceberg yet and that may or may not be true, but if it is, there is no plan *none* by either side, that will fundamental alter the fiscal trajectory. Until you see something big get done, its all noise.

Wait and see what barry says about the "fiscal cliff" today and then watch the reaction from the right. They will fundamentally disagree on what to do and just kick the can down the road one more time as the country fastens on another giant unfunded entitlement to the exploding buffet of govt giveaways. what makes it so pathetic is barry has convinced you that if you just confiscate a higher share of the 1%'s money, all the problems go away when in fact it wont even dent the problem. laughable.
Walt, is that you?

bucky starburst

Postby bucky starburst » November 9th, 2012, 12:28pm

Sinister wrote:
bucky starburst wrote:yep. everything you just said. republicans need to back away from the extremism, both culturally and fiscally. democrats are the much more reasonable party at the moment and the public knows it.

Man, I know I've said some pretty stupid things in this forum, but this is at the top of the list of dumb things posted in political forums. If you think for one second that either party is more reasonable than the other, you're a bigger tool than Frank is making you out to be. Holy fuck man, do you ever listen to Harry Reid? The democrats are just better at bullshitting the public right now. Including the commander in chief.

Nope. If that were true then Romney should have won. The character of political parties changes over time and your party currently has the majority of the yahoos - Todd Akin was my personal favorite. That's how the public sees it as a majority and the proof is in the vote which you cannot dispute. Continue with denial at your political peril. I know it's hard to see that the age of whitey dictating policy is coming to an end but here it comes. :-)

bucky starburst

Postby bucky starburst » November 9th, 2012, 12:31pm

The vote is absolutely a reflection of growing income inequality. The public does not trust the Republicans to correct this, and NO SOLUTIONS have been offered except to further punish unions (WTF??), so if we need to tax the shit out of the rich to level the playing field then you better bend over and smile.

bucky starburst

Postby bucky starburst » November 9th, 2012, 12:32pm

YOUR IDEOLOGY IS TOAST AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER

212frank
"oh qualified one"

Postby 212frank » November 9th, 2012, 12:40pm

you are such a tard

Obama 61,170,405
Romney 58,163,977

dif = 2.52%

Here's hoping you have a 2.52% chance of surviving the afternoon commute home.
Walt, is that you?

jtsound

Postby jtsound » November 9th, 2012, 1:02pm

Sinister wrote:

And then there is this rundown of how complicated things were and how complicated things will be for this negotiation coming up:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/01/magazine/obama-vs-boehner-who-killed-the-debt-deal.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

It's hard to comprehend it all but although Obama isn't without some element of blame for the confusion you can't deny that through the whole ordeal he was offering to compromise on spending cuts to sacred cows of his party in every version of deal that was negotiated. In the end, the republicans (Boehner and Cantor) were afraid to come back to the table after all the hijinx of moving the goalposts on both sides for fear that Obama would accept one of the deals thus leaving it up to the republicans to take the blame when they couldn't find the votes.
Last edited by jtsound on November 9th, 2012, 1:04pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who asked you?

jtsound

Postby jtsound » November 9th, 2012, 1:03pm

212frank wrote:you are such a tard

Obama 61,170,405
Romney 58,163,977

dif = 2.52%

Here's hoping you have a 2.52% chance of surviving the afternoon commute home.

Frank what the fuck is your point? Do you even know anymore?
Who asked you?

212frank
"oh qualified one"

Postby 212frank » November 9th, 2012, 1:08pm

Why is it so hard to understand? you and the flaming pink a-hole keep trying to say that there is some sort of vast voter repudiation of republicans when the difference between winning and losing is 2.52%. If you convert that to odds and apply it to the brain power you are demonstrating, its a 40:1 shot you and the a-hole will grasp this basic concept.
Walt, is that you?

bucky starburst

Postby bucky starburst » November 9th, 2012, 1:11pm

how can i put this? your point is... GHEY. IRRELEVANT. MISSING THE POINT. USELESS. OUT OF TOUCH.

There won't be fewer voting minorities in this country in 4 years btw. :-)

bucky starburst

Postby bucky starburst » November 9th, 2012, 1:19pm

The Republican party is as shellshocked as that poor kid Romney jumped and gave an involuntary haircut in college.

BEST POST ELECTION DESPAIR EVER.

And y'know what?? I didn't even vote for OBama! HAHAHAHA. I didn't vote this year at all!

Return to “Political Forum”