Barry or Mittens

Discuss local or national politics here.

Barry or Mittens

Poll ended at November 7th, 2012, 3:51pm

Barry (I'll have to blame myself for the last 4 years)
83%
Mittens (Which way is teh wind blowing?)
17%

Total votes: 6

Contact Buzz

Re: Barry or Mittens

Postby Contact Buzz » November 7th, 2012, 5:41pm

That Bush-Cheney sandwich was so tasty...

Romney ran as "Not Obama". I couldn't figure out what he was about and what he might actually do as President. If he had a vision, he had trouble getting it across.
"Crentist on the other hand pokes me everyday" - Donkeypunch

212frank
"oh qualified one"

Postby 212frank » November 7th, 2012, 5:46pm

Tells you all you need to know about barry that he could barely overcome a turd like Romney.
Walt, is that you?

bucky starburst
Your Personal Indestructible Mosquito

Postby bucky starburst » November 7th, 2012, 6:26pm

9. Gay marriage and rights. Here to stay. Though the gays will learn that marriage sucks as much for them as heterosexuals.

Sue
Welcoming Committee - Chairman

Postby Sue » November 7th, 2012, 6:40pm

212frank wrote:Tells you all you need to know about barry that he could barely overcome a turd like Romney.

Are you trying to say that things would be better if Romney had won, or are you just expressing omnidirectional frustration?

212frank
"oh qualified one"

Postby 212frank » November 7th, 2012, 7:33pm

no I am saying what i said, which are those words right there in teh quote.
Walt, is that you?

bucky starburst

Postby bucky starburst » November 7th, 2012, 7:45pm

212frank wrote:
bucky starburst wrote:Nah, that's just sour grapes. .. blah blah blah

Dont get caught up in the ridiculous left wing hype. Barry won by 2.4% of the vote. in polling, that's less than the margin of error..... statistically insignificant. Worse, the country couldnt be more divided along demographic lines. You call that a mandate? Most importantly, the dynamics in the 3 branches of govt are utterly unchanged.

Standby for 4 more years of the exact same shit sandwich we've had for the last 4.

3 million more votes is hardly statistically insignificant. especially since Romney got 2.5 M less than McCAIN! your brand is damaged. time to re-boot for the 21st century. accept this fact or risk marginalization.

bucky starburst

Postby bucky starburst » November 7th, 2012, 7:46pm

i think the boner is actually a realist. i give him credit. let's see if this actually works:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49731550

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/07/boehn ... o-succeed/

yellow ed
Fairly Handsome Overloard

Postby yellow ed » November 7th, 2012, 7:51pm

Frank, did you manage to catch your plane last week or what?
They can take our xpatsxpats, but they can never take our FREEDOM!!!!!

212frank
"oh qualified one"

Postby 212frank » November 7th, 2012, 10:06pm

My flight got cancelled and I ended up staying here until last sat. was only there until tues but i had enough time in the am to vote in FLA. which was f'n weird.
Last edited by 212frank on November 7th, 2012, 10:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walt, is that you?

212frank
"oh qualified one"

Postby 212frank » November 7th, 2012, 10:21pm

bucky starburst wrote:3 million more votes is hardly statistically insignificant. especially since Romney got 2.5 M less than McCAIN! your brand is damaged. time to re-boot for the 21st century. accept this fact or risk marginalization.

it is when there are 117MM votes cast you dolt.

i know this is a concept beyond your capacity to grasp but I think a little homework assignment could push over the top of this Everest of a problem.

1. Get a bag of rice and count out 117 kernels into a pile.

2. Take away 2.4 from the first pile and make a new pile.

3. Examine the relationship of pile number 1 to pile number 2 and explain to us why 2 is meaningful to 1

Report back to class. an anxious world awaits your response.

PS

it aint my brand
Walt, is that you?

bucky starburst

Postby bucky starburst » November 8th, 2012, 4:57am

You're doubling down on one of your worst ever points.

If 2.4% is statistically insignificant please write me a check for 2.4% of your net worth right now. You will never miss it if its insignificant. If you refuse then you are full of crap as usual. :-)

bucky starburst

Postby bucky starburst » November 8th, 2012, 4:59am

P.S. If it's not your brand then why do you keep selling their product? Your posts are indistinguishable from far right talking points.

Sue
Welcoming Committee - Chairman

Postby Sue » November 8th, 2012, 8:46am

That and not being able to make a clear point in his own words are kind of tradition around here. Shhh, don't say anything though, he'll get really mad!

Anyway I think it all boils down to this: when there's an election and a Democrat president is the result, it was God's will.

bucky starburst

Postby bucky starburst » November 8th, 2012, 10:07am

I LOLed on 'really mad.'

212frank
"oh qualified one"

Postby 212frank » November 8th, 2012, 10:09am

bucky starburst wrote:You're doubling down on one of your worst ever points.

If 2.4% is statistically insignificant please write me a check for 2.4% of your net worth right now. You will never miss it if its insignificant. If you refuse then you are full of crap as usual. :-)

not surprising that you cant grasp this basic fact: Obama barely won reelection against a flip flopping, truth stretching robot in secret underwear. I know this is a difficult topic for you and sue to comprehend (as are most), but barely overcoming one of the worst challengers in the history of presidential politics is an indictment on the quality of the victor. When 2/3s of the country think it is on the wrong track yet return control to the exact same bunch of losers means the challenger was even worse. Hard to understand i know, but think on it for a while and maybe the light bulb will go off.

8. The debt matters. A lot. People want to see solutions to this problem plus long-term social security solvency. Republicans should be able to direct on this issue but they keep failing by going after straw men like PBS that the public actually values. Fiscal conservatives who are socially liberal can win big posts: see Guiliani and Bloomberg. But you can't package it with social conservatism and gutting the middle class. The corporate mergers from Reagan onward have squeezed all the life out of the culture. Radio especially is in the crapper b/c of deregulation. Excessive deregulation leads to a bloodbath with lots of losers and very few winners. It's not what the country wants.

This post right here is why there needs to be a Stoopit Hall of Fame forum up in here where idiotic post can live forever.
Walt, is that you?

Return to “Political Forum”