Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Talk about everything related to guitar and bass.

Moderators: guitarmartin416, Admin Team

Smedley
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: June 26th, 2013, 4:45pm

Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby Smedley » August 9th, 2013, 3:35pm

Unfortunately, I have to give yet another dismal review a guitar repairman, namely Charles, the guitar repairman from Guitar Factory in West Seneca. I brought in a guitar to him a few months ago for a basic setup. He says it will take a week or two to complete. He takes a month. Okay, stuff happens.

I bring another guitar in to Charles for minor repairs. He says it will take a week or two. It took him two freaking months. Okay, I'm a patient guy, shuff happens...............

So, like an idiot, I bring him another guitar for repair this past June 25th. Three or four weeks go by and no word from Charles. I call him up and he says he can't figure out what's wrong with the guitar (it was producing no signal - it's just a couple of pickups and some capacitors and resistors - it ain't rocket science). I actually had to suggest a basic trouble shoot (me, the two left-thumb ignoramus) and he said he would get right on it. That was two weeks ago.

I call him yesterday and he asks me, what do you want me to do with this guitar? A bit perplexed and perturbed that he would ask me this, I asked him if he did what we had agreed upon per our last phone conversation. With a major attitude, like some snot-nosed little kid, as if I was a complete ass for asking, he says, "Noooooo." I asked him why and he stated that when his boss tells him to do a repair for a friend of the boss, he has to stop what he's doing and do what the boss tells him.

So apparently, he was working on my guitar (or not) when he could fit it in in between doing repairs for friends of the store manager. And again, instead of being apologetic about it, Charles gave me a majorly snotty attitude for having the gall to be angry over this. So, I went to Guitar Factory straight away and retrieved my guitar (and complained to the manager just a few minutes ago by phone).

At this point I'm at a loss as to where to take my guitar for repairs. Pete Schmidt from Suburban Guitar Repair is even worse. He told me he would have my guitar fixed in a few weeks and still hadn't finished it after 4 months. When I emailed him to complain he got offended and told me to pick up my guitar. Is everyone going nuts, or is it just me?

Of course, Dino from Dino's Guitar and Amplifier Service in Hamburg is a complete hack. Is there any competent, mentally stable guitar repairman in Western NY? If there is, please let me know.

User avatar
yellow ed
Fairly Handsome Overloard
Posts: 4792
Joined: August 28th, 2006, 9:41pm

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby yellow ed » August 9th, 2013, 4:32pm

I find it interesting that you seemingly only signed up here to slag people. I don't know anyone that you've gone to, and I don't know their actual reputations, but I'm hard pressed to understand why you would repeatedly bring instruments to people that keep putting you off and act difficult about repairs.
They can take our xpatsxpats, but they can never take our FREEDOM!!!!!

User avatar
donkeypunch
mustard tiger
Posts: 12998
Joined: June 9th, 2006, 12:05pm
Location: Eating pepperoni and getting drunk as fuck
Contact:

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby donkeypunch » August 9th, 2013, 8:28pm

I brought my guitar hero Gibson Explorer to OOGIE Games for a set up. Took forever. When I finally got it back the green button was sticking. I brought it back and they told me it would be another three weeks. UUURRRGGGHHHH
"I've been told this and it's been proven by research - He who fucks Nuns will later join the Church"

User avatar
Ida
has opinions, so the rest of us don't have to....
Posts: 4465
Joined: December 7th, 1999, 8:00pm
Location: Kenmore, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby Ida » August 9th, 2013, 9:49pm


Mark Umphred-Luthier
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: January 7th, 2013, 9:34pm

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby Mark Umphred-Luthier » August 11th, 2013, 8:00am

yellow ed wrote:I find it interesting that you seemingly only signed up here to slag people. I don't know anyone that you've gone to, and I don't know their actual reputations, but I'm hard pressed to understand why you would repeatedly bring instruments to people that keep putting you off and act difficult about repairs.

The best set-ups on guitars in WNY .Mark Umphred -Luthier 716-418-3996. You've tried the rest now try the best .

Mark Umphred-Luthier
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: January 7th, 2013, 9:34pm

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby Mark Umphred-Luthier » August 11th, 2013, 8:04am

Smedley wrote:Unfortunately, I have to give yet another dismal review a guitar repairman, namely Charles, the guitar repairman from Guitar Factory in West Seneca. I brought in a guitar to him a few months ago for a basic setup. He says it will take a week or two to complete. He takes a month. Okay, stuff happens.

I bring another guitar in to Charles for minor repairs. He says it will take a week or two. It took him two freaking months. Okay, I'm a patient guy, shuff happens...............

So, like an idiot, I bring him another guitar for repair this past June 25th. Three or four weeks go by and no word from Charles. I call him up and he says he can't figure out what's wrong with the guitar (it was producing no signal - it's just a couple of pickups and some capacitors and resistors - it ain't rocket science). I actually had to suggest a basic trouble shoot (me, the two left-thumb ignoramus) and he said he would get right on it. That was two weeks ago.

I call him yesterday and he asks me, what do you want me to do with this guitar? A bit perplexed and perturbed that he would ask me this, I asked him if he did what we had agreed upon per our last phone conversation. With a major attitude, like some snot-nosed little kid, as if I was a complete ass for asking, he says, "Noooooo." I asked him why and he stated that when his boss tells him to do a repair for a friend of the boss, he has to stop what he's doing and do what the boss tells him.

So apparently, he was working on my guitar (or not) when he could fit it in in between doing repairs for friends of the store manager. And again, instead of being apologetic about it, Charles gave me a majorly snotty attitude for having the gall to be angry over this. So, I went to Guitar Factory straight away and retrieved my guitar (and complained to the manager just a few minutes ago by phone).

At this point I'm at a loss as to where to take my guitar for repairs. Pete Schmidt from Suburban Guitar Repair is even worse. He told me he would have my guitar fixed in a few weeks and still hadn't finished it after 4 months. When I emailed him to complain he got offended and told me to pick up my guitar. Is everyone going nuts, or is it just me?

Of course, Dino from Dino's Guitar and Amplifier Service in Hamburg is a complete hack. Is there any competent, mentally stable guitar repairman in Western NY? If there is, please let me know.


The best Luthier in WNY ...Mark Umphred 716-418-3996 . 40 years of excellence .

Mark Umphred-Luthier
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: January 7th, 2013, 9:34pm

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby Mark Umphred-Luthier » August 11th, 2013, 11:30am

donkeypunch wrote:I brought my guitar hero Gibson Explorer to OOGIE Games for a set up. Took forever. When I finally got it back the green button was sticking. I brought it back and they told me it would be another three weeks. UUURRRGGGHHHH

User avatar
gjcamann
Member
Posts: 231
Joined: March 24th, 2009, 9:13am

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby gjcamann » August 12th, 2013, 8:40am

I have a friend who has ALOT people they don't get along with. I thought they all had problems, but after a few years, I realized who really had the problem.

User avatar
sevenyearsdown
Admin Team
Posts: 10333
Joined: April 25th, 2006, 7:50pm
Location: Not gigging, walking the walk, or paying my dues.

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby sevenyearsdown » August 12th, 2013, 9:05am

I put too much water in my oatmeal today.

User avatar
donkeypunch
mustard tiger
Posts: 12998
Joined: June 9th, 2006, 12:05pm
Location: Eating pepperoni and getting drunk as fuck
Contact:

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby donkeypunch » August 12th, 2013, 12:11pm

Oatmeal sucks....my doctor wanted me to start on one who comes from the isles oatmeal.....tastes like spackle.
"I've been told this and it's been proven by research - He who fucks Nuns will later join the Church"

User avatar
yellow ed
Fairly Handsome Overloard
Posts: 4792
Joined: August 28th, 2006, 9:41pm

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby yellow ed » August 12th, 2013, 2:22pm

donkeypunch wrote:Oatmeal sucks....my doctor wanted me to start on one who comes from the isles oatmeal.....tastes like spackle.


that's still hilarious
They can take our xpatsxpats, but they can never take our FREEDOM!!!!!

User avatar
donkeypunch
mustard tiger
Posts: 12998
Joined: June 9th, 2006, 12:05pm
Location: Eating pepperoni and getting drunk as fuck
Contact:

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby donkeypunch » August 12th, 2013, 3:03pm

son of a bitch
"I've been told this and it's been proven by research - He who fucks Nuns will later join the Church"

User avatar
sevenyearsdown
Admin Team
Posts: 10333
Joined: April 25th, 2006, 7:50pm
Location: Not gigging, walking the walk, or paying my dues.

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby sevenyearsdown » August 12th, 2013, 3:16pm

gigs are still at stake. until then, no one shall speak of this place know as the one who comes from the isles.

jaash5
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: February 5th, 2013, 10:23am

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby jaash5 » September 26th, 2013, 9:59am

You can go here if you need it

http://www.theguitarguild.com/

They are on Main street in Williamsville, super nice, fast service and their work is outstanding. I took my Les Paul in for some ground buzzing issues, and basically he said we should take the quick connect system out and rewire everything to a proper Les Paul Wiring style. Then they apologized to me and said was it ok if it took a couple of Days... yes a couple of Days, I think it was there for a total a 6 days, a couple to look and it and then after I called back to give the ok they went ahead and did it. Everything they have done for me comes back quick and in perfect condition.

Not sure where you are located but these guys are a pleasure to work with.

geenie67
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: November 4th, 2013, 11:21pm

Re: Guitar Factory Guitar Dis-repair

Postby geenie67 » November 5th, 2013, 12:01am

Hi, I've taken over the Guitar Guild. I've been working there for a while and decided to reopen the business as the" Guitar Banjo Repair Works". I will never say anything bad about any other repair person,or luthier, just that my philosophy of guitar repair is that you set the instrument to the customers liking, do it in a very timely manner, and charge an honest fee. I personally have done all the major restorations at the Guild, besides setups and all the electronic work the past two years. I have built a fine reputation regardless of it's past history. All my work is referrals from 100% satisfied customers. I have expanded the shop to better serve my customers and improve it's efficiency with the goal of providing a finer caliber of repair, the latest in materials technology, which will result in lower costs to my customers and prompt completion. Thank you for reading this post. My business is music, for musicians...with just enough profit to continue to pay my overhead and stay in business.


Return to “Guitar and Bass Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
(function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();