Putnam Guitars - Rip Off Artist

Talk about everything related to guitar and bass.

Moderators: guitarmartin416, Admin Team

sevenyearsdown
Admin Team

Re: Putnam Guitars - Rip Off Artist

Postby sevenyearsdown » August 19th, 2015, 2:57pm

dannyg is 56, and needs all kinds of cri-zazy shit installed on his sitar and Steve Vai axe.

justme

Postby justme » August 20th, 2015, 5:11am

As a general, common sense rule any guitar mods, repairs and setups should be checked and double checked in-store before taking them home. This way if you're not happy with the work that was done the guitar can be left for further repairs, no $ should ever be exchanged before you're completely satisfied with the work done. Beyond that, I personally don't repair or mod any guitar unless it is not performing the way I want it to at a Paying Gig. Unless you're looking for a special sound for a recording or performing live I don't see the point of chopping up a crappy or a great sounding guitar. A crappy guitar will always be crappy and a great sounding guitar will never sound as good as it did before someone starts chopping it up. I highly recommend buying a new guitar that will do what you want or getting a custom guitar built to your specs if you can afford it.

sevenyearsdown
Admin Team

Postby sevenyearsdown » August 20th, 2015, 7:07am

I recommend English as a second language.

crentist
Beautiful Lunatic

Postby crentist » August 27th, 2015, 1:45pm

Comedy gold, Jerry
Crentist likes this
I don't know if they really don't sound all that different in a band context or if years of playing in bands with guitarists have honed my guitarist-ignoring skills to perfection.

crentist
Beautiful Lunatic

Postby crentist » August 27th, 2015, 1:45pm

Oh, and..... TMTM!
I don't know if they really don't sound all that different in a band context or if years of playing in bands with guitarists have honed my guitarist-ignoring skills to perfection.

Smedley

Postby Smedley » September 1st, 2015, 10:58am

Just for the morons who lambasted me over my victimization, Alan Hoover, owner of Maniac Music (who makes the Sutainiac pickup) told me in an email yesterday that the Sustainiac was installed in a shoddy fashion. I wound up sending the guitar to Alan in Indiana just to make sure that the guitar finally got fixed correctly.

Wires that were explicitly supposed to be shielded WERE NOT SHIELDED - THAT is why it was squealing like a pig. Beyond that, Alan just told me that it was a "complete botched job." I told Putnam that if he had any trouble whatsoever installing the Sustainiac that he should call Alan, as Alan is a nice guy who is always willing to help someone. Apparently, this rip off artist didn't feel the need to do that and charged me for work that was not done correctly. I am going to have to spend another $150 or $200 to fix what this sociopathic hack did.

So again, to all of the rejects with nothing better to do than comment on events that they were not witness to in any way, shape or form, screw you and keep your worthless opinions to yourselves.

Sue
Welcoming Committee - Chairman

Postby Sue » September 1st, 2015, 8:12pm

Here are some points, re: you're a mellow guy. The way you're responding here and the way you're reading into people's behavior says otherwise. At the very least you're paranoid. Also inviting people to coffee so you can "look them in the eye" is super creepy.

First you suspect Pete from Suburban of "punishing" you for whatever. Now you're calling this guy a sociopath because of the timing of a smile.

Sue
Welcoming Committee - Chairman

Postby Sue » September 1st, 2015, 8:16pm

Additionally, posting on a message board and then getting upset when people don't respond the way you want them to is, well, more explicitly towards the sociopath end of the spectrum of behavior than, say, smiling at someone (which you're interpreting as negative).

Guido
W.W.M.T.D?

Postby Guido » September 2nd, 2015, 7:25am

Yeah... what Sue said.
"I'm getting tired of you telling me I'm crazy and my music sucks"

Sinister
Head Groundskeeper

Postby Sinister » November 17th, 2015, 2:56am

Hey guys, what's going on here?
póg mo thóin

sevenyearsdown
Admin Team

Postby sevenyearsdown » November 18th, 2015, 9:48am

Must be bored in Israel?

Sinister
Head Groundskeeper

Postby Sinister » November 18th, 2015, 11:31pm

It's morning here. I'm posting from the future. Crazy.
póg mo thóin

Return to “Guitar and Bass Forum”